Sunday, May 27, 2012

Summer is here! (Andrew ~ 17 months)

I was just reading my last blog (when Andrew was 15 months) and noticed that he was away with Edee and Pop when I wrote that one.... well, that's where he is now!  Guess that's going to be the only time from now on that I have to blog.  =)  It's finally SUMMERTIME!  Woohoo!  It has been one of the toughest years for me; I had a rough group of kiddos.  But, I can relax and enjoy my time with my Little Man.  He is enjoying his time with Edee and Pop because I have a class a few days next week.  Edee had to come and visit a little early because Andrew got his first ear infection on my last day of school.  So, as usual, Edee packs her bags and heads up to the ATL to help me out and take care of my sick baby.  I felt so bad for him, he had a fever, his ear hurt, he vomited (didn't like the Tylenol liquid meds), wouldn't eat/drink.  Scary times for Mommy!  But after getting a dose of antibiotic and resting a lot, he was MUCH better the very next day--thank the Lord!  At the doctor, he weighed in at 27 lbs (with all clothes and shoes on).

He is getting more teeth again, now one of his canines is coming through, and I think that may have caused, or been a part of, the ear infection.  I have heard that the canines are the toughest, and he sure has had a rough time.  He drools a lot, has diarrhea, will sometimes run a slight fever when teething, and will point to his teeth and say "teeth" to let me know they hurt.  Teething tablets still seem to work well, so we use those when needed.  He doesn't have many more teeth to go---he has had a mouthful for quite some time.

Andrew was baptized on Saturday, May 12, 2012 at Perimeter Church (we recently became members there).  Our families were able to travel here, along with some friends, to take part in this very special event.  What a blessing it is to know your child is cared for by the church and welcomed into the Kingdom of God.  ♥

Drew Man continues to learn and grow so fast.  It's crazy how fast he learns something and how well he understands what you tell him.  Here are a few highlights at 17 months:

~He can recognize a few colors:  Red, Blue, Green
~He can recognize a circle (and will cay "urcle")
~He will take something to the trash and throw it away, if you ask him to
~He is doing well with listening and following directions
~He drinks very well out of a straw and will ask for what he wants to drink:  Juice ("juws") and Milk ("mi mi")
~He likes to ride the horsey on your leg ("horsey")
~He LOVES to throw things---right now he loves to go outside and throw rocks, which he calls balls.  We can't quite get him to understand that just because something bounces, doesn't mean it's a ball.
~He can almost run---he moves pretty fast!
~He is attempting to say whatever you say to him (at least the last word or two of what you say)
~He has a very good memory (or is obsessive--whatever you want to call it) because when he finds something he likes to play with, he remembers exactly where it is in the room and will go back to it every time.
~He LOVES his paci---he asks for it often, and when he's being whiny he says "pahaha ci i i".
~He still dances all of the time, even on command, and has now started to sing along with me or a song that is playing.
~He asks to go outside all of the time (he will either ask for his "shoos" or say "side" to request to go outside)
~He is still a good eater, and we are now working on him using a fork and spoon himself.  Right now, we help him by guiding it in his mouth and then letting go, but I know we need to take the messy step of letting him do it ALL on his own.  Not really looking forward to that, but will enjoy it when I don't have to feed him every bite.
~He has been requesting to talk to "Mama" on the phone when I'm not around.  He will hold the phone up to his ear and say "Mama hello".  Too cute!




It's such a fun journey with him, and I can't wait to see how he reacts when we take him to the beach in a couple of weeks for the first time.  Updates to come!

Blessings,
The Hoods

1 comment:

  1. He is getting so big and sounds like he is very smart! I know you're glad to have the summer off with him. You said he was baptized? Is that like being dedicated? I was just curious. Glad ya'll are doing well!

    ReplyDelete